Below are the measures Nexive have taken:
In the light of the current health emergency and of all the rules and indications issued so far by the Authorities, Nexive promptly made some changes to its delivery processes. This is with the aim to comply with the relevant measures, but also meet the needs of customers.
These changes, in addition to operationally translating the aforementioned requirements, are also intended to protect Nexive staff. In accordance with the provisions of articles 21.1 and 25 Resolution 385/13 / CONS, pursuant to which, where "there are objective difficulties that involve special aggravations or dangers for the postman", "the necessary measures are taken to allow the regular distribution of the consignments". All this given the delivery process of both the parcel and the registered mail will be the following starting from tomorrow:
1. Our employee rings the intercom of the recipient informing the same or other authorized person that he will arrange to send the shipment in the home box or in a place with minimum security conditions, certifying that it has been delivered with his signature as the person in charge of the public service.
2. If the newly informed interlocutor has no objection, the postman deposits the consignment as announced, and on the PDA reports "COVID19" in the recipient field and affixes his signature.
3. If the interlocutor disagrees, the postman deposits the notice of storage in the mailbox.
Since the last aforementioned decree (Prime Ministerial Decree of 11 March 2020) is foreseen, the closure of most of the commercial activities, including those where Nexive usually stores the registered mail, we decided to:
1. Extend the period of 60 days to storage
2. Keep the undelivered registered letters at the branch in charge of delivery until reopening of the shops where they are normally available
3. Make it possible to collect them starting from the day following the reopening of these businesses.
However, we confirm that we are applying every possible measure to minimize any inconvenience resulting from the aforementioned health emergency. We will resume any further updates also in the notices section of our site.
In the attached document is a list of Italian areas, which are in lockdown, where delivery is becoming difficult.